Operations Supervisor - Albany, NY WFH
Responsible for day to day operations at assigned plant in the areas of production or maintenance to ensure the required production business objectives are met in a safe and environmentally compliant manner. Supervises assigned personnel. Oversees budget, reliability, compliance, quality and safety programs for assigned area; ensures required government or environmental regulations are met.
Responsible for the required activities that fulfill business and customer requirements. Supervise employee and operational performance; meet established quality, productivity and cost objectives while ensuring adherence to safety and compliance programs. Supervise improvement initiatives in the areas of Six Sigma, quality, on-time delivery and customer satisfaction. Interpret and comprehend technical manuals, process and instrumentation diagrams. In addition, the candidate must be computer literate and have strong interpersonal skills. Other responsibilities include administration duties to support plant operations. Must be able to learn and perform in a fast-paced environment.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Regularly sit in front of a computer for extended periods; occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Travel to national and/or global Praxair offices and production facilities as necessary. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions. Travel could be as high as 50 %. The position requires the incumbent to be on-call and available to work weekends. Candidate would also be required to live in or move to the Albany, NY area. Other locations will be considered on a case by case bases.
1. Provide leadership for day to day operation exercising supervision over technical, production,maintenance and/or other staff.
2. Recruit, select, orient and train new employees; oversee performance of contracted workas required.
3. Resolve workflow problems and conflicts by analyzing impediments and organizing work tomaximize use of personnel and material resources.
4. Ensure completion of area production or area activities by reviewing and monitoring employeeactivity, output and performance.
5. Ensure employee adherence to and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and Safety policy requirements.
6. Identify issues and lead improvement plans in production processes, shift schedules, overtimelevels, training, etc.
7. Manage and escalate as required, equipment, product quality and delivery issues.
8. Manage employee performance by setting expectations, providing guidance, feedback, and development for career progression and performance improvement.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years operations experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Primary Location New York-New York
Req ID: 18001839