Safety, Health and Environmental Specialist - Freeport, TX
We are currently seeking a Safety & Environmental Specialist, where you will have responsibilities for facilities in the South Region. The job will be based in Freeport, TX.
The successful candidate in this role will collaborate with employees and supervisors to identify and correct potential safety and health hazards and environmental situations, and provides compliance assurance and assistance from a strategic and tactical standpoint to a specific area of responsibility. Implements safe and environmentally-compliant standard work practices with line personnel and monitors conformance through safety and environmental inspections. Assures compliance with organizational and government environmental, health and safety standards. Monitors organizational environmental, safety and health performance, and provides employee safety and environmental training and compliance tools.
This mid-level professional position applies advanced safety and environmental knowledge at multiple facilities to all safety and environmental areas - fleet safety, personnel safety, process safety, and environmental - in order to protect the health and safety of all company employees, as well as the surrounding communities and environments in which the company operates. Provides leadership, guidance and assistance in the prevention/control of accidents and incidents to a specific area of responsibility.
This position reports to the S&ES Area Manager for the South Region.
This position will be Level 9 or 10 depending on experience.
This position operates in both office and field environments, and requires 50% travel with some overnight stays. Must be a self starter and self motivated individual. Must be able to manage multiple tasks. Must have the ability to work with all levels of management. This is not a consulting job. Must be able to provide hands on support.
1. Work with line management to ensure support is provided in achieving zero/zero performance goals in safety, health and environmental.
2. Implements safe and environmentally compliant standard work practices with line personnel.
3. Identify opportunities to improve safety performance and take proactive actions to implement.
4. Monitor local OSHA (e.g. PSM), EPA (e.g. Title V), and DOT requirements and standards along with company policies and standards to ensure compliance.
5. Support all accident/incident investigation, reporting and facilitation of Root Cause Analysis.
6. Perform industrial hygiene monitoring.
7. Prepare and submit environmental reports as required by regulations and permits.
8. Provides active support to site locations by training employees on requirements and assisting the site to ensure environmental permit compliance, and developing environmental and safety compliance assistance tools.
9. Support plant Turnarounds and maintenance activities.
10. Work closely with Plant managers to achieve safety and environmental compliance
- 3-10 years of safety, operations or process experience
- Computer experience required with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
The following are preferred:
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) Certification
- Strong process safety background
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Primary Location Texas-Freeport
Req ID: 19000331